Monday, December 10, 2012

25 Things About Me

For those of you who don't know me, here's a little insider info. For those of you who do, there will be a quiz. Preferably while eating Leatherby's Raspberry Royales together (notice, I did not say sharing). :-)
  1. I saw Steve Martin's The Jerk when I was a little kid. Ever since then, when someone starts to tell their life story, I silently add, "I was born a poor black child."
  2. I'm a blue-eyed red-head. Hated the red hair as a kid. I quickly came to appreciate it as an adult. Plus, a perk I've discovered with age is that red hair hides grays really well. 
  3. Earth, Wind & Fire, Heatwave, The Sugar Hill Gang, Switch, Cameo, Grandmaster Flash, Stacy Lattisaw & Parliament kept company with Genesis, Billy Joel, Kansas, Heart, Journey, Van Halen, General Public & the Police on my record shelf.
  4. I like Tommy Jordan and agree with his decision to shoot his daughter's computer to teach her a lesson. I also think he writes well.
  5. As a kid, I made it my mission to learn to smack my gum. I thought it was sooo cool. I still smack it and I still think it's cool.
  6. Pretention wears me out fast.
  7. I'm a Ginger girl not a Mary Ann girl. Ginger had big dreams and class (yes, I said class). I thought Mary Ann was just plain and boring.
  8. I love music of all kinds and I love to dance.
  9. I've loved deeply and lost. More over, I'd do it all over again, even if I'd known in advance how it would turn out. The joy of that love was worth every single second of the pain of losing it.
  10. I'm passionate about justice, especially when it comes to my family.
  11. When I became a Christian, I thought all Christians were stellar people. Since then, I've learned Christians sin just as much as non-Christians and the only difference is Jesus.
  12. I love coffee with lots of heavy cream, no sugar.
  13. My whole life, my relationship with my mom has been less than ideal (big understatement). However, God has restored that ten-fold with the blessings of three of the most amazing mothers-in-law ever. Ray's mom (God rest her soul), Dean's mom and Amy's mom (Amy is Dean's late wife) have been/are three of my closest friends. 
  14. If it weren't for Beckie Shafer teaching me how to cook when I was a young wife, my family would have starved.
  15. In high school, Gina McCulley taught me a beauty secret that I still use all these years later:  when applying mascara, an open safety pin is a very effective way to separate sticky eyelashes.
  16. Best gift I could ever receive is a handwritten note.
  17. This one I say often, but only because it is one of the truest truths in my life. By far, I have the best friends ever. They know the best & worst of me. They call me higher, belly laugh with me, sob buckets with me, walk through the hardest of the hard with me. They love me for me. 
  18. Black and green are my favorite colors.
  19. Spent my summers at the beach and never once got a tan (see #2).
  20. I have a memory like Jumbo the elephant which is great for the good times, not so much for the tough spots in my life that I'd rather forget.
  21. I used to think chiropractors were quacks, but since my life was literally changed by a chiropractor two years ago, I'm a sold-out believer.
  22. I see the world in black & white: Right is right. Wrong is wrong. While this may mean I have clarity that gray-area folks might not have, I still struggle just as much with actually doing the right thing. (Rom 7:15)
  23. The majority of my most embarrassing moments involve tripping.
  24. I believe in second chances and  love at first sight. 
  25. Someday I want to own a 1965 Mustang.

No comments: